Fused Autumn Sun Bottle Stopper Free Fuseworks Project Guide
- Free Fusing Project Guide
Fuseworks™ Precut Rounds - Clear
Fuseworks™ Variety Frit
Fuseworks ™ Dichroic Bits and Pieces
Silver Flat Bottle Stopper
Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
1. Cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
2. Center the clear circle on the kiln paper. Use a small spoon to place red, yellow and orange frit on the circle in the desired design. Drop a few small scraps of dichroic glass on the frit.
3. Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid.
4. Fuse at 70% power for 2 minutes. PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
5. When time has expired, open microwave and using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Add additional time in 30 second increments at full power until desired results are achieved.
6. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution.
7. When cool, glue the glass to the bottle stopper using a glass adhesive such as E6000®. Allow to dry per glue manufacturer’s directions.