Fused Dichroic Striped Pendant And Earrings Project Guide
- • Free Fusing Project Guide
- • Create a unique jewelry set in no time with the Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE Thin Stringers
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE Dichroic Bits and Pieces
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ Silver Earring Set
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ Small Silver Bails
• E6000® Adhesive
• Necklace chain
• Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
• Fireworks™ Safety Glasses
• Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Wearing safety glasses, nip a piece of clear dichroic into 2 - 3/8” squares and 1 – ¾” x ½” triangle as pictured. Break one green and one blue stringer into small pieces, you will need 4 pieces (1/4” -3/8”) for the earrings and 6 pieces 1/8” – ½” (sized to fit the triangle)
2. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Arrange stringers in rows in the shape of the triangle, place the triangle over the stringers, dichroic – side down. Place squares, dichroic-side up onto the kiln paper and place stringers on top as pictured. Leave a 1/8” space between pieces.
3. Fuse for 1 minute at 70% power followed by 1 minute at 80% power and 1 minute at 90% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
4. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of each piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, affix a bail to the back of the pendant and earring backs to the back of the earrings with E6000® and allow drying. String the pendant on the necklace of your choosing.