Fused Polka Dot Pendants Project Guide
- • Free Fusing Project Guide
- • Make these sweet pendants in no time with the Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE Variety Frit
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE 1” Chips - Basics
• 24 Gauge Wire and 2 in 1 Jewelry Pliers/Wire Cutter or 1 pack Fuseworks™ Small Silver Bails
• E6000® Adhesive
• Necklace chain
• Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
• Fireworks™ Safety Glasses
• Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile, white glue
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
To create a bail, cut a 3” piece of wire, fold wire in half over the jewelry pliers and twist. Coil both ends to form a small glue able pad.
1. Place a 2”x2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place 10 pieces of black and 10 pieces of variety color frit on the kiln paper, spaced about 1/8” apart.
2. Fuse for 2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, the glass should be formed into little balls and glowing brightly. If they are not, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
3. When glass is cool, clean kiln paper off of the back of the frit dots. Wearing safety glasses, nip a 1” clear and 1” white chip in half to form a rectangle.
4. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place the white and clear glass piece on the kiln paper ¼” apart. Randomly place the variety color frit balls on the clear glass and black frit balls on the white glass.
5. Fuse for 2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
6. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of the piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, affix a bail to the pendants with E6000® and allow drying. String on desired necklace chain.