Fused Yellow Tulip Drawer Pull Free Fuseworks Project Guide
- Free Fusing Project Guide
Use fusing glue to hold glass pieces into place during fusing. Fusing glue recipe: 1 drop of white school glue to 3 drops of water. Allow to dry thoroughly before fusing.
Fuseworks™ Precut Rounds – Ebony & Ivory
Fuseworks™ Bits & Pieces - Variety
Fuseworks™ Dichroic Bits & Pieces
Fuseworks™ Silver Round Draw Pull
Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
Wheeled Glass Nippers
1. Wearing safety glasses, nip a 3/8” piece of dichroic from the Bits & Pieces pack.
2. Next, cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
3. Place the clear dichroic square in the center of the kiln paper. Carefully set the kiln base inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid. Fuse in a 1200 watt microwave at 70% for 2 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
4. After initial heating, open microwave and using Hot Mitts; carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Add additional time in 15 second increments until desired results are achieved. Project is fused when glass appears to have soft, rounded edges. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. CAUTION: Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution.
5. While glass is cooling, select yellow and green scraps from the variety Bits & Pieces pack. Wearing safety glasses, nip yellow and green scrap into petal and leaf shapes.
6. Cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
7. Stack two white circles on the kiln paper. Arrange remaining glass in the shape of a tulip on top of the white circles. Use color photo as a reference for placement. Add the pre-fired clear Dichroic button to project.
8. Fuse in a 1200-watt microwave at 50% for 2 minutes; 70% at 1 minute; 30 seconds, 80% at 1 minute. If necessary, continue to microwave at 80% for 30 second increments until desired results are achieved.
9. After initial heating, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. DO NOT remove the lid or peek under the lid during the cooling stage as it may result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution.
10. When completely cooled, glue the glass to the drawer pull using a glass adhesive such as E6000®. Allow to dry according to glue manufacturer’s directions. To install, hold the glass knob on the outside of the drawer and secure in place using the screw enclosed with knob.