Just Dreaming Pendant Free Fusing Project Guide
- Free Fusing Project Guide
1 pc Fuseworks™ Yellow Sheet Glass (from Variety or Warm pack)
Fusework™ Fuse Art Decal - Floral
Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
Fuseworks™ Glass Cutter
Fuseworks™ Large Silver Pendant Bail
E6000® or other glass glue
1. Using a glass cutter, cut two 1” x ¾” pieces of Yellow sheet glass. Clean glass using paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
2. Next, cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
3. Layer the two pieces of yellow glass on the kiln base. Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid.
4. Fuse at full (100%) power for 2 minutes; 30 seconds. PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. After time is up, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Add additional time in 30 second increments until desired results are achieved.
5. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 40 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution. Cool your kiln completely.
6. Remove the Fuseworks™ Floral Decals from their packaging. Use a scissors and cut the Gerber Daisies and the word “Dream” from the card.
7. Place daisy decal in water for approximately 30 seconds. Slide the decal off the backing paper and position decal onto the glass surface, using image for placement. Pat dry using a paper towel. Repeat this process for “Dream” decal.
8. Cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base. Place the glass with the decal facing up in the center of the kiln. Place kiln inside a microwave and cover with lid.
9. Fuse using the following guidelines; 1200 WATTS – 2 minutes, 1100 WATTS – 2 minutes, 30 seconds, 800 WATTS – 4 minutes. When firing is complete, open microwave and using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the kiln lid enough to inspect the glass. If your decal appears as a white silhouette, continue fusing at 15 second intervals until the white disappears.
10. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 40 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution. Cool your kiln completely.
11. When glass has completely cooled, adhere a large silver bail to the back of the pendant using a glass adhesive such as E6000®. Allow the adhesive to dry according to glue manufacturer direction. Slip pendant onto your favorite chain or choker and enjoy.