1 package Jennifer’s Mosaics Red Cathedral Glass Squares
1 package Jennifer’s Mosaics White Stained Glass Squares
1 Package of Jennifer’s Mosaic Blue Glass Stars
Clear-drying adhesive suitable for glass
1 String Holiday Lights
Mosaic Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Completely read the directions before starting.
- Cover your work area with newspaper to protect work surface.
- Collect and place all supplies needed on your work surface.
- Clean the KraftyBlok™ with glass cleaner or a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Dry completely with cloth.
- Place the KraftyBlok™ in a horizontal position on newspaper.
- Begin by nipping red and white glass squares into fourths. To do so, hold a glass chip in your fingers. Take the wheeled glass nippers in the opposite hand, open the jaws and place the glass chip centered between the wheels. Position the wheels as close to the edge of glass as possible. Squeeze nippers to cut glass. Nip halves once again to create quarters.
- MOSAIC TIP: When nipping glass, remember unevenness and variations are apart of the charm of mosaics, so do not try to be exact.
- Place two rows of alternating red and white chip around the perimeter of the KraftyBlok™ starting ½ inch in from the edge; this will create the border. Glue into place and allow to dry.
- Next, randomly place blue glass stars in the center of the KraftyBlok™. When you have achieved your desired look, glue into place and allow to dry.
- Your patriotic vase is now ready to be filled with daisy and grace your July 4th picnic table!
- CREATE A LUMINARY
- To use as a luminary, use scissors and cut a slit from the outer edge of the cap to tiny center hole.
- Insert string of Holiday lights or a single bulb light fixture into the block and allow plug to extend out. Plug-in and enjoy!