Mosaic Snowflake Picture Frame Ornament Free Project Guide
- Free Mosaic Project Guide
- Create a fun mosaic ornament to display a favorite photo.
• 1 wooden snowflake picture frame ornament
• 1 package Jennifer's Mosaics™ Stained Glass Chips Red
• 1 package Jennifer's Mosaics™ Stained Glass Chips Green
• 1 package Jennifer's Mosaics™ 1/2" VarietyGlass Gems
• Jennifer's Mosaics™ White Grout
• Jennifer's Mosaics™ Wheeled Glass Nippers
• Silicone Glue (Liquid Nails)
Scrubby, bowl, mixing spoon, soft cloth
• Cover your work area with newspaper to protect surface.
• Collect all supplies needed for the project and place them on your work table.
1. Place snowflake ornament onto newspaper.
2. Turn frame over so that it is facing upward. Nip mirror chips into desired shapes. Arrange so that they form a border around the frame opening. Nipe red and green glass chips into small triangles. Arrange the chips so that they form a border around the frame opening, as show in the photo.
3. Working on small sections at a time, apply a thin layer of adhesive to your chips with the craft stick. Place and press into place on the frame.
4. Apply a small amount of glue to the back of each gem and press onto the spokes of the snowflake frame.
5. Allow to dry following the directions on the glue packaging.
6. Pour 4 oz. of white grout into a mixing bowl. Adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time, mix with a craft stick until the grout reaches “fudge” consistency. It is best to add small amounts of water at a time as you can always add more water, but you can’t take it out! If grout becomes too watery, add more dry grout, a small amount until the consistency is correct.
7. Wearing your disposable glove, spread the grout into all of the nook and crannies, making certain that all the inner and outer edges are smooth. Wait about 15 minutes for grout to set.
8. Begin to brush away the excess grout using the scrubby or a toothbrush. It is very important to remove any grout on the glass before grout is completely dry.
9. Using the soft side of the dry scrubby, buff the tiles to a clean shine. Allow 24 hours for the ornament to dry thoroughly.
10. Using white acrylic paint, approved for wooden surfaces paint the edge and back of the ornament.