Mosaic Spots Floral Trivet Free Project Guide
- Free Mosaic Project Guide
- Create a colorfully fun floral trivet with Mosaic Spots!
Materials and Tools
6" Trivet Base
Jennifer’s Mosaics™ White Grout
Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Wheeled Glass Nipper
Mosaic Spots – 1 package
Mosaic Adhesive – Weldbond® or E6000®
Pencil and paper
Disposable cup or bowl
Paper towel or sponge
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper or kraft paper. Remove the base from the trivet and place it on a piece of scrap paper. Trace around it to create a template.
2. Each flower was created by using whole Spots or by nipping a whole Spot into halves. To nip a Spot into halves, wearing safety glasses, align the nipper in the center of the Spot and squeeze the handles to break the tile.
3. Create several flowers using the following techniques;
- Arrange 4, 5 or 6 whole Spots around a coordinating center.
- Arrange 9-10 half Spots, facing the same direction, around a coordinating center.
- Arrange 3-6 half Spots, overlapping one another around a coordinating center.
4. Using the image as a guide, lay out flowers on your template to your liking. Be sure to leave at least 1/8” between pieces.
5. Wearing safety glasses, randomly nip green Spots and fill remaining space with green pieces.
6. When you are satisfied with your layout, glue pieces to the trivet base. Allow glue to dry according to manufacturer’s instructions before moving on to the next step.
7. Place one teaspoon of green Colorant in a disposable cup, add two tablespoons of water and mix thoroughly. Add the mixture to ½ cup grout and mix thoroughly to achieve the consistency of peanut butter. If needed, add more water a teaspoon at a time.
8. Wearing a glove, spread the grout over the tile, filling in all of the crevices.
9. Wait 5-10 minutes and wipe away the haze with a damp paper towel.
10. Allow grout to dry overnight, buff tile with a soft cloth. Place the trivet base into the frame and enjoy!