Island Waters Pendant
by Jeanne Baruth
Fuseworks™ Precut Fusible Rounds - Clear
Fuseworks™ Precut Fusible Rounds - Ebony & Ivory
Fuseworks™ Precut Fusible Rounds - Dichroic Green
Small Silver Bail
Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
1. Clean glass using a paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
2. Cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
3. Position a black Fuseworks™ Fusible Shape on the center of the kiln paper.
4. Cover the black Fusible Shape with a dichroic green and clear Fusible Shapes. Align all layers of glass perfectly. This will create a nicely shaped circle during fusing.
5. Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave and cover with kiln lid. Fuse in a 1200-watt microwave at 50% for 2 minutes; 80% at 1 minute; 30 seconds. If using a microwave with a lower wattage, increase the power percentage but keep time consistent. PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
6. After time has expired, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. The glass is fused when the edges are nicely rounded. If necessary, continue to microwave at 15-second increments until desired results are achieved.
7. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes WITH THE LID ON. CAUTION:
Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling stage may result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a lon5F time handle with great care.
8. When the glass is completely cooled, remove from kiln and glue the bail to the back of the glass. Allow glue to dry before wearing.