Fuseworks™ 2”x3” Variety Sheet Glass – The Basics
Fuseworks™ Dichroic Bits & Pieces
Fuseworks™ Small Gold Pendant Plate
Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
Fuseworks™ Glass Cutter
E6000® or other glass glue
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
1. Measure and mark the following glass sheets: black – one 7/8” X 7/8”, white – one 3/4” X 3/4”, ¼” x 1/4” Dichroic.
2. Using a glass cutter, cut glass to designated sizes as indicated above. Clean glass using paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
3. Next, cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
4.Layer the black glass, topped with the white on the kiln base. Make sure the centers of both are aligned. Embellish glass with the ¼” Dichroic glass, with the shiny side facing up. Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid.
5. Fuse for 2 minutes at 70%. After time is up, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Add additional time in 30 second increments until desired results are achieved.
6. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution. Cool kiln completely before reusing.
7. When glass has completely cooled, adhere a small gold pendant plate to the back of the pendant using a glass adhesive such as E6000®. Allow the adhesive to dry per glue manufacturer direction. Slip pendant onto your favorite chain or choker and enjoy the harmony of ebony and ivory.