• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE 1" Fusible Chips Variety
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
• Silver Bail, Desired chain for necklace
• Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
• Fireworks™ Safety Glasses
• Jennifer's Mosaics™ Scorer/Breaker Tool
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Wearing safety glasses, score and separate a 1/4" strip from the following 1" chips; white, bright green, light green, light blue. Next score and separate a 1/2" strip from light blue and bright blue.
2. Place a 2"x2" piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Arrange the bottom layer from top to bottom; 1/4" white, 1/4" light blue, 1/2" bright blue, 1/4" bright green, 1/4" light green. Next layer from top to bottom 1/2" light blue followed 1" bright green on top of the first layer. Place it in center of the microwave then put the lid on the kiln.
3. Fuse for 2 1/2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the kiln for desired rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.