• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ 90 COE Bits and Pieces - Variety
• 1 pack- Fuseworks™ Small Silver Bails
• E6000® Adhesive
• Necklace Chain
• Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks™ Hot Mitts
• Fireworks™ Safety Glasses (Optional)
• Jennifer's Mosaics™ Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper (Optional)
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile, white glue
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Select a small piece (about 1/2" x 1" of each red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. For best results, pieces should have one flat edge and all be similar in length. If pieces in variety are not flat, use a wheeled glass or tile nipper to shape glass. Select a clear piece (about 3/4" long 1/4" wide)
2. Place a dab of glue on the center of the flat end of the red piece and affix to the clear piece. Repeat with the remaining colors. Allow to dry overnight before fusing.
3. Place a 2" x 2" piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place the glass on the kiln paper.
4. Fuse for 1 minute at 70% power followed by 1 minute at 80% power and 1 minute at 90% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
5. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of the piece. Following manufacturer's instructions, affix a bail to the back of the pendant with E6000® and allow drying. String pendant onto necklace of your choosing.