Happy Memorial Day! 20% Off Entire Order Code: FLAG19
- 111 8” Round Mold
- 50710 Outdoor Cement 10lbs
- Stained Glass: pink, white, light blue, lime green, light purple, dark purple.
- 2000 Precision 2000 Hobby Glass Bandsaw
- Stirring Stick
- Latex free gloves
- Paper towels
- Newspaper or Kraft paper
1.To protect work area, cover with newspaper.
2. Print out 2 copies of bunny template. This template was made for an 8-inch stepping stone.
3.Cut a sheet of vinyl resist or clear contact paper to the size of the pattern and the bottom of the mold.
4. Cut each pattern piece along the dotted line from one bunny template copy. Cut inside the black lines
5. Place the pattern pieces on the selected glass you’ve chosen for you stone, making note of the grain or flow of the glass. Remember, trace your pattern on the smooth side of the glass. Write the corresponding number on each piece.
6. Set-up the Precision 2000 for wet cutting with a diamond blade. Make sure the water reservoir is full and the spray nozzle is properly angled. When ready to cut, turn the water supply on first, then the band saw. Cut each piece from the glass. If necessary, grind the edges of the glass for a proper fit. Clean and dry glass after grinding.
7. When glass is cut, dry with a paper towel or soft cloth making sure you do not to rub off the pattern numbers.
8. Place the pieces correctly on the second pattern. Allow ¼” between pieces for cement grout lines. When all pieces are correctly placed, remove the marker with alcohol and return them to their position on the pattern.
9. Remove the backing from the contact paper and press over the glass. Press firmly and evenly so that all the glass pieces stick to the paper. This will keep the pieces from shifting when pouring the cement.
10. Place glass/vinyl sheet into the mold, vinyl side down (See diagram), so that the glass is facing you. Adjust pieces as necessary and press firmly onto vinyl.
11. For long lasting beautiful stones that are easy to make use Jennifer’s Mosaics Outdoor Cement, it can be custom colored and needs no reinforcement or sealant. Place 6 cups of Jennifer’s Mosaics Outdoor Cement in a bucket and slowly add 10 fluid ounces of water to the mix. Continue adding 1 tablespoon of water to the outdoor cement until the mixture resembles smooth pancake batter. If using regular cement, follow directions on packaging.
12. If using regular cement fill mold 1/3 way with mortar mix. Fill the remainder of the mold with reinforced cement. Both Jennifer’s Mosaics Outdoor Cement and regular cement may be colored with Colorants.
13. Slowly and evenly pour cement into mold. Fill mold approximately 7/8 full. Lightly tap the sides of the mold for 1 – 2 minutes to release any air bubbles. DO NOT MOVE MOLD WHILE CEMENT IS DRYING.
14. Allow stone to rest undisturbed for 5 hours for smaller stones, overnight for larger stones. When stone has dried, remove from mold, peel off vinyl resist and clean off any smudged cement on glass with wet sponge, scouring pad or scraping tool. Vinyl lines may be removed with sand paper. Allow stone to dry for 24 – 48 hours.
15. If desired, a waterproof cement sealant may be applied, but is not necessary if using Jennifer’s Mosaics Outdoor Cement. Apply to cement only and remove any sealant on glass with paper towel.