Materials and Tools
KraftyBlok Image Art Paper™
Clear Glass Crafting Tile 1” x 1”
White and Black Acrylic Paint
Beading Wire 26 gauge 6”
Bare Copper Wire 14 AWG 1ft
Seed Beads 9/0 assorted fall colors (60)
Orange Ribbon 1 ft
Black Ribbon 1ft
Halloween Votive (dollar store)
Black Felt 1”x 1”
Pencil or Chop Stick
Bowl for Water
This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet.
For the most economical use of the KrafyBlok Image Art™, fill the entire page with images before printing.
Reminder when using words on the underside of the glass cube flip the image to reverse the words, before printing. When you look through the cube the word(s) will be displayed correctly.
1. Use the image provided or choose favorite image, scan it and resize it to 1” X 1”. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images.
2. Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok Image Art™ packaging.
3. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
4. Place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 1 minute.
5. Slightly moisten the back of the tile, the textured side, with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the transfer on the surface. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note transfers are fragile and can tear, handle with care.
6. Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry over night.
7. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the tile on a baking rack with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, and allow the oven the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. Paint the transfer with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
9. Cut a piece of painters tape to fit over the front side of the glass cube (side without the transfer) place the cube, tape side down on a paper towel.
10. String 60 beads onto the beading wire leave wire extending from either side. Fit the beaded wire around the glass cube (see photo). Twist the wires together and tighten them to frame the cube. Once in place add a few drops of super glue along the beads and the cube to secure in place. Allow to dry according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. Trim off wire ends with wire cutters.
11. To adhere the copper wire to the Crafting Tile, measure and mark 1”down from one end of the copper wire. Place wire on concrete or a hard surface, tap wire with a hammer to slightly flatten the one inch section.
12. Starting below the flatten area, wrap the copper wire around a pencil. Remove pencil to reveal a perfectly coiled wire. Glue the flattened side of the coiled wire to the transfer side of the tile with E6000. Let dry according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
13. Glue a piece of black felt to the back of the tile to conceal the copper wire. Paint exposed tile sides with black acrylic paint, let dry on a flat surface.
14. Find center of the ribbons and tie bows to the copper wire below the tile. Remove the painters tape.
15. Fill the Halloween votive with candy and insert pick. Only brave party guest will dare to grab “Boo Pumpkin’s” candy.