Mosaic Floral Tray
• Provo Craft Wooden Shelf
• 1 pkg. Jennifer’s Mosaics Pink Glass Chips
• 1 pkg. Jennifer’s Mosaics Assortment Glass Chips
• 2 pkg. Jennifer’s Mosaics Dark Green Glass Chips
• 1 pkg. Jennifer’s Mosaics Light Blue Glass Chips
• 8 oz. Bone Sanded Grout
• Mosaic Adhesive
• Latex Glove
• Safety Glasses
• Carbon Paper
• Sponge, mixing bowl, measuring cup, spoons, pen
• Scrubby or Soft Cloth
• Wheeled Glass Nippers
• Black Latex Paint
• Lightly wipe wooden shelf with a soft cloth or paper towel to remove surface dust or dirt. Use a foam brush to paint shelf with black paint leaving the area directly below the shelf unpainted. For a more antiqued look, use a cloth and lightly wipe surface of shelf before paint dries. When satisfied with the look, allow paint to dry.
• When dry, transfer the design onto the flat surface under the bottom portion of wooden shelf. To do so, tape carbon transfer paper with pattern in place and trace over the pattern with a pen.
• Remove the pattern and carbon paper. if needed, go over the line with a pencil to darken.
• Wearing safety glasses create the centers of the flowers by nipping yellow stained glass chips into circles. To do so, use a wheeled glass nipper and nibble away tiny sections of the yellow stained glass square, in turn following a curve. If it helps, use a marker and draw a guideline on the back of the tile to follow. When happy with the shape, apply a thin layer of glue to back of each glass chip and press firmly into place.
• Create flower petals by carefully nipping pink stained glass chips at a diagonal across the center, creating two triangles. Nip the right triangles in half again, creating even smaller triangles. Arrange pink glass triangles evenly around the yellow flower centers and glue into place.
• Place whole green stained glass chips along outside of shelf to create a border. Chips may need to be nipped for best fit. Make sure none of the glass pieces touch. Lift each glass piece and apply a thin layer of glue to back. Firmly press each piece onto shelf surface.
• Fill in remaining background area with blue glass chips nipped into triangular shapes. Arranged randomly to fill the background of the shelf.
• Following the manufacturer’s instructions, mix one cup of bone grout.
• Wearing latex glove, spread grout on to the flowered shelf surface making sure that grout is pressed into all the nooks and crannies between the glass pieces. Wait about 15 minutes for grout to set.
• Gently wipe away excess grout using a scrubby, taking care not to pull away grout from between glass pieces. It is very important to remove any grout on tile surfaces before grout is completely dry.
• Use a soft cloth to buff glass to a clean shine. Allow 24 hours for the mosaic piece to dry thoroughly.