Christmas Around the World Stones
BY: Rita Levine
SKILL LEVEL: 1 (1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult)
TIME TO COMPLETE: 1 hour (Does not include drying time)
• Keep craft or newspaper under your project to protect your surface.
• My Tile Pebbles
• Laser Printer
• Bowl with water
• Paper Towels
• Toaster Oven
• White Felt
• Paper cutter
• Judi Kins DG3 Art Gel™
• Color Printer
• Card stock
These small glass pebbles make a lovely display during the holiday, each emblazoned with ”Merry Christmas” in languages from around the world. Slide a place card under each stone and use them to mark your guests spot at the holiday table. They are fun and easy to make!
1. Follow the instruction in the My Tile Kit and print holiday greetings from around the world template on the transfer paper. Make sure the print mirror option is turned on before printing.
2. Once printed, center a glass pebble over the top of the word. Use a pencil and outline the glass pebble on the transfer paper so the words are centered in the pebble.
3. Cut out paper rounds with scissors. Drop into clean water a wait until the decal starts to slide from the backing. Remove from water and slide the decal to the back of the stone.
4. Press out all air bubbles and pat dry. Allow decal to dry according to package direction before baking.
5. Once baked and cooled, cut a circle from white felt using a circle cutter and glue to the back of the stone.
6. Print the holiday greetings from around the world template on cardstock.
7. Once printed, center a glass pebble over the top of the word. Use a pencil and outline the glass pebble so the words are centered in the pebble.
8. Cut out paper rounds with scissors.
9. Use DG3 Art Gel according to directions. Apply a liberal amount of gel to the flat side of the stone. Apply the paper round word side down on the gel. Coat the exposed bottom of the paper round with gel, just enough to cover. Allow to dry completely.