Frig Snowflake Magnet
BY: Jeanne Baruth for Diamond Tech
SKILL LEVEL: 2 (1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult)
TIME TO COMPLETE: 3 hours (does not include drying time)
• KraftyBlok™ Image Art Paper
• Clear Glass Crafting Tile 17/8” x 1 7/8”
• White Acrylic Paint
• 6” - Green Ribbon 1/8”
• Adhesive Magnet Sheet
• Silver Snowflake Charm (approximately 3/4” X 3/4”)
• Small Jump Ring
• Hot Glue
• Paper Towels
• Bowl for Water
• Laser Printer
• Read all of the KraftyBlok™ Image Art instructions before starting your project.
• This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet.
• For the most economical use of the KrafyBlok™ Image Art, fill the entire page with images before printing.
• Reminder - when using words on the underside of the glass tile flip the image to reverse the words, before printing. When you look through the tile the word(s) will be displayed correctly.
1. Use the image provided or choose favorite image, scan it and resize it to 1 7/8” x 1 7/8”. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images. 2. Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok™ Image Art packaging.
3. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
4. Place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 30 seconds.
5. Slightly moisten the back of the tile, the textured side, with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the transfer on the surface. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note transfers are fragile and can tear, handle with care.
6. Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry overnight.
7. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the tile on a baking rack with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, and allow the oven the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. Paint the transfer side with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
9. Tie the ribbon on the tile as you would a gift box.
10. Add a small jump ring to the snowflake charm. Attach the charm as shown in the photo.
11. Cut a magnet with scissors or paper cutter, to fit the back of the tile. Peel away backing and adhere magnet to the back of the tile.