Bella Dora Necklace; A Clear Glass Crafting Tile Project
DESIGNED BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 2
TIME TO COMPLETE: 3 hours – not including drying or baking time.
Read all of the KraftyBlok™ Image Art instructions before starting your project. This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet. For the most economical use of the KrafyBlok Image Art, fill the entire page with images before printing.
KraftyBlok Image Art Paper™
Word Art Decals
Clear Glass Crafting Tile 1” x 2”
White Enamel Paint and paint brush
Fuseworks™ Jewelry Bail
Bowl for Water
1. Use the image provided or choose your favorite image; scan and resize it to 1” X 2”. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images.
2. Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok™ Image Art packaging.
3. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
4. Place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 1 minute.
5. Slightly moisten the textured side of the tile with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the Image Art transfer on the surface. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper directly onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note, transfers are fragile and can tear, handle with care.
6. Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles.
7. Trim out the word “Love” from the Fuseworks™ Word Art decals. Soak and apply per instructions; as shown in the photo.
8. Allow to dry overnight.
9. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. On a baking sheet, stand the tile on its end, so the transfer and decal do not touch the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, and allow the oven the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. Apply paint over the transfer to completely cover image. Painting over the decal will allow it to become more visible. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
11. Glue a bail to the back of the tile with E6000, and let dry according to the manufacturer’s recommendation