Decorative Spa Bottles A KraftyBlok Image Art™ Project
DESIGNED BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 2
TIME TO COMPLETE: 4
PROJECT TIP: Read all of the KraftyBlok Image Art™ instructions before starting your project. This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet.
KraftyBlok Image Art™
Color Laser Printer
Recycled Glass Bottle(s)
Cork(s) to fit the opening(s)
Scissors or punches
Bowl and water
White Acrylic Paint
Wired Artificial Berry Stems
Embellishments – rhinestones, ribbons, bows, silk flowers and/or buttons Purchased or homemade bath bubbles or salts
1. Clean the glass bottle with glass cleaner and a paper towel.
2. Find your picture and copy it to any software on your computer that allows you to print images. Size the picture to fit the front of your bottle.
3. Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok Image Art™
4. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow paper to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry. Trim to size with scissors. Scrapbooking punches can be used to give the photo a special shape.
5. Layout the transfer on the bottle to find placement. Outline area with masking tape. Paint layout area with white acrylic paint. Let paint dry thoroughly.
6. Place transfer in a bowl of water and wait approximately 1 minute.
7. Lay the glass bottle flat on your work area with the opening at the top. Moisten the face of the bottle. Center the picture over the painted area. Take extra care when sliding the image as they are delicate and can tear.
8. Gently slide the Image Art transfer from the backing paper onto the surface using a finger to smooth the decal as you peel away from the backing paper.
9. Pat and smooth the KraftyBlok Image Art™ transfer with a moist paper towel eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry overnight.
10. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the bottle on a baking rack with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, and allow the oven the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
11. Shape the wired artificial berry stems into a heart shape. Coil the ends around the bottle neck, to hold tightly in place. Ribbons, bows, silk flowers or buttons can be added as shown in the photo. Embellish edges of pictures with rhinestones to create a frame.
12. Fill with your favorite bath bubbles or salts and insert a cork