Fall Friends Votive A Clear Glass Crafting Tile Project
DESIGNED BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 2
TIME TO COMPLETE: 3 hours – not including drying or baking time.
→PROJECT TIP: Read all of the KraftyBlok Image Art™ instructions before starting your project. This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet. For the most economical use of the KrafyBlok Image Art™, fill the entire page with images before printing. Reminder when using words on the underside of the glass cube flip the image to reverse the words, before printing. When you look through the cube the word(s) will be displayed correctly.
KraftyBlok Image Art Paper™ Clear Glass Crafting Tile 1” x 1”
White Acrylic Paint
Black Ribbon 8” (optional)
1 or 2 - 2” Terracotta Pots (depending on how tall you want them)
Small Fall Silk Leaf approximately 3”
Beaded Fall Wired Garland
Bowl for Water
1. Use the image provided or choose favorite image, scan it and resize it to 7/8” x 7/8”. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images.
2. Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok Image Art™ packaging.
3. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
4. Place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 30 seconds
5. Slightly moisten the back of the tile, the textured side, with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the transfer on the surface. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note transfers are fragile and can tear, handle with care.
6. Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry overnight.
7. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the tile on a baking rack with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, and allow the oven the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. Paint the transfer with white acrylic paint and allow to dry.
9. Place a small amount of hot glue on the back of a 3” silk leaf and press onto the surface of a small terracotta pot (see photo).
10. Cut several varying lengths of beaded wire garland. Place a small dot of hot glue on one end of each of the lengths and tuck them in different areas underneath the leaf, concealing the glue and ends.
11. Apply hot glue to the back of the glass tile and press it onto the rim of the terracotta pot. This snappy little votive can make a fun fall hostess gift, or cluster them creating a table centerpiece or use a place card holder using images of your guests as identifiers. Wherever you use them, they will add a little warm glow to your fall festivities. Optional: Flip a second terracotta pot upside down so that the opening is facing the table. Glue a decorative ribbon around the base. Next, apply a bead of glue around the top of the pot and place the “Fall Friends Votive” on top, creating a pedestal