Family Charm Bracelet
BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: 4 (1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult)
TIME TO COMPLETE: 5 hours (does not include drying or baking time)
• Fuseworks™ Round Link Bracelet – Antique Copper
• My Tile™ Kit – Small Glass Tile Kit
• Acrylic Paint - Cream
• E6000® Glue
• Boho Beads™
• Jump Rings - Large and Small Antique Brass
• Beads Amethyst Large and Medium
• Seed Beads – Lavender
• Fun Wire™ - Purple
• Charms – Silver, Brass & Copper
• Read all of the My Tile™ Kit instructions before starting your project.
• This project requires the use of a laser printer.
• For the most economical use of the Image Art™ transfer paper inside kit, fill the entire page with images before printing.
• If using words on the underside of a glass tile, flips the image to reverse the words, before printing. What a wonderful way to celebrate your life or that of someone you love than with this charming bracelet. Happy familiar faces glean through 8mm glass tiles for added depth and dimension to your images. This project is easy to make and a delight to wear!
1. Choose your three favorite images, scan them and re-size each to 7/8” x 7/8”. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images. For an antique-look, change the images to a sepia color before printing.
2. Set up your printer per the instructions on the My Tile™ Kit packaging.
3. Follow printers’ instructions, print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
4. Cut out specific images and place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 30 seconds.
5. Slightly moisten the back of the tile, the textured side, with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the transfer on the surface of the tile. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note: Transfers are delicate, handle with care.
6. Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry 2 hours.
7. Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the tile on a baking sheet with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop oven door open slightly, and allow the tile to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. Paint the transfer side with cream acrylic paint to enhance the photos and allow the paint to dry.
9. Size your round link bracelet to fit before you begin. Remove any extra links with a needle nose pliers so the bracelet fits loosely but not too loose.
10. Place the bracelet on the work surface lengthwise. Find the two center discs; apply E6000® to each with a toothpick. Position one of the glass tiles to both discs. Evenly space the remaining tiles on either side of the center tile and glue into place. Allow glue to dry thoroughly.
11. Next, embellish charms with beads using Fun Wire™. Insert beads onto an I-pin. Loop and nip off excess wire to create beaded dangles. Arrange all embellishments around the bracelet. Once you are pleased with the arrangement, attach the charms to the bracelet using jump rings and needle nose pliers.