A Touch of Glass Scrapbook Cove
Stained Glass Pre-Cuts are made of authentic opalescent stained glass and have colorful swirls and streaks. Use precuts alone or with coordinating Stained Glass Chips to add sparkle to your scrapbook pages.
Basic Supplies List:
• Garden Fairy Stained Glass Pack (P.N.# 521)
• White, Yellow and Pink Stained Glass Chips
• Wheeled Glass Nippers
• All-purpose craft glue
• Your choice of coordinating scrapbook paper (12x12 sheet)
• Alphabet stamp set
• Black ink pad
• Permanent black marker
• Craft wire
• Page protector
1) Assemble all the supplies needed for this project on a work surface. Nip one white glass tile in half using a wheeled glass nipper, following the manufacturer’s directions and precautions. Nip each half so when each piece is placed together, they form a whole tooth (use photo as a guide).
2) Nip a yellow stained glass chip in half on the diagonal forming two triangles. Nip each triangle in half, creating 4-star points. Using a second yellow stained glass chip, nip off opposite corners of the chip to form the body of the star. Assemble star using the photo as a guide.
3) Next, choose 5 smooth white stained glass chips. Using alphabet stamps and a permanent black ink pad, stamp the word “F”, “A”, “I”, “R”, “Y” onto individual tiles. Let dry. Use a permanent marker to fill in the letters, if needed.
4) Cut a 3" piece of craft wire. Wrap wire around the arm of the Garden Fairy 3 times, pulling the remainder of wire straight, away from the Fairy’s body. Hold wand in place on the back of the glass with a spot of glue, allow to dry.
5) Before glueing design elements onto the scrapbook page, arrange them in the desired position. Use the photo as a guide but feel free to change the design to express your own creativity. Begin by placing the largest design elements, the Garden Fairy, onto the page. Add the desired photos and photo frames and finally arrange word tiles, star and tooth.
6) When you have achieved your desired look, glue each piece into position. Allow glue to dry following the manufacturer’s direction and place in scrapbook page protector.