Make the most of your time at home. Our Kits are now 25% Off Retail Enter Coupon Code at check out. *EXCLUDES CLEARANCE ITEMS Code: HOMEKIT20R
Make the most of your time at home. Our Kits are now 10% Off Wholesale Enter Coupon Code at check out. *EXCLUDES CLEARANCE ITEMS Code: HOMEKIT20W
Glass Bottle Candle
Created by Nelly Arteaga for Diamond Tech Crafts
- 365- G2 Bottle Cutter
- 11.2 FL OZ Beer Bottle
- .6lb (272.1g) of Wax
- (1) 6in Wick with clip
- Super glue/ glue gun
- (1) Wooden Dowel
- Double Boiler
- Always, wear safety goggles when using glass-crafting tools. Everyday eyeglasses have only impact resistant lenses.
STEP 1: PREPARE WORK AREA
Prepare your work area by covering with newspaper or cardboard to protect the surface from glass, and wax spillage.
STEP 2: BOTTLE CUTTER
Read and carefully following the instructions contained within the Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter manual. Instructions for use will not be repeated in these instructions.
- Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
- Choose a wine bottle you want to use for this project. Mark with a Sharpie marker about ¼” from above the label.
- Using the bottle cutter, score and separate where indicated.
- Smooth the rough edges as instructed in the bottle cutter manual.
STEP 3: INSERTING WICK
- Place a small amount of glue to the bottom of the wick clip. Center wick in the bottle center. Press down and let dry.
- Wrap the exposed wick around a wooden dowel and lay across the opening of the glass bottle.
Hot Tip: It is important to use a wooden dowel as the wick may melt when the hot wax is poured into bottle.
STEP 4: MELTING YOUR WAX
- For quicker melting, you can break the wax block into small pieces.
- Using a double boiler and thermometer, melt the wax until it reaches 180-190°F (82.2-87.7°C). Do not exceed 250°F (121.1°C) when melting wax.
STEP 5: POURING YOUR CANDLE
- Let melted wax cool in the double boiler to approximately 135-140°F (57.2-60°C).
- Once melted wax is cooled, pour the wax 3/8 inch from the top into the bottle. Using a Funnel makes it easier to prevent spillage.
Hot Tip: Glass bottle needs to be room temperature and the wick stays centered while pouring melted wax into glass container.
- Make sure the wick stays secure.
- Your will need to maintain a cup of wax from the original pour to be able to refill the glass bottle for STEP 6: TOPPING YOUR CANDLE.
STEP 6: TOPPING YOUR CANDLE
- Approximately 45 minutes after pouring, use the dowel to poke holes towards the wick 1 ½ inches deep to allow air to escape. This will release any air that has been trapped under the wax surface.
- Using the left-over wax from STEP5: POURING YOUR CANDLE, reheat to 135-140°F and refill the holes with wax.
STEP 7: FINISHING UP
After the candle has cooled for 4 to 6 hours, trim the wick to 1/4 inch tall. Your candle is now ready to burn.
Show us your work, we would love to see it. Tag us on social media! We might even share your work of art on our website and social media.
Facebook & Instagram: @DiamondTechCrafts
DIAMOND TECH|Tampa, FL 33647|ww.DiamondTechCrafts.com