GET 20% OFF OUR NEW PATTERN ENAMEL GLASS PACKS Code: GLASSPACK20
Christmas Tree Wood slice ornament
Created by Nelly Arteaga for Diamond Tech
- K7196 – Wood slice ornament
- FW933 – Variety bits & pieces
- FW960 – Variety frit
- FW849 – Microwave kiln
- E6000 adhesive
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
1. Place a 1” x 1” piece of kiln paper on the base of the microwave kiln.
2. Assemble a mixture of green colored scrapped glass to create a shape of a tree. Apply a small dot of glue to keep everything is place. Decorate with red or multicolored frit to resemble ornaments. Wait for glue to dry
3. Place project in microwave kiln and carefully microwave. Refer to your microwave kiln instructions for heating time. We are looking for a contour fuse to keep a 3D look.
4. Paint your wood slice to resemble a winter wonderland. Be as creative as you like.
5. Once fused Christmas tree is done and cool to the touch, wash under soapy water to remove kiln paper residue.
6. Use strong adhesive like E6000, glue your fused tree to the wood slice.
7. Feed a festive ribbon through the top hole of the wood slice and tie a bow at the end.
You can use this idea for any theme, holiday or season. The possibilities are endless.
DIAMOND TECH | Tampa, FL 33647 | www.DiamondTechCrafts.com