Happy Memorial Day! 20% Off Entire Order - Retail Only Code: FLAG19
Created by Nelly Arteaga for Diamond Tech
*YOU NEED TO USE FUSEWORKS CRAFT KILN FOR THIS PROJECT
- FW912 90 COE ½” Fusible Glass Chips- Warm Colors
- FW915 90 COE ½” Fusible Glass Chips- Clear Dichroic
- FW999 Fuseworks Craft Kiln
- Kiln Paper
- Craft Glue or fusing Glue
- A Shadow Box Frame
- E6000 Glue or super strong double-sided tape
1. Pick the ½” fused glass colors you would like to use to make your hearts. Tip: creating different color combinations and textures make the finished project more vibrant.
2. Follow the template below to make heart shape. Make sure to make two layers
- All Opaque
- All Transparent
- Opaque & Dichroic
- Transparent & Dichroic
- Opaque & Transparent
3. Glue pieces together to prevent movement during transfer and firing. Only a small dab of glue will. Wait 15min until glue is completely dry.
4. Apply kiln paper to the entire base of the kiln.
5. Place your glass hearts in kiln. Allow ¾” of space in between each heart. You should be able to fit 9-12
6. Close the lid of the Fuseworks Microwave kiln and turn the dial to 12min. We are aiming for a nice contour fuse. The corners are nice and round, but the glass retains dimension. Tip: Each kiln is different. Some kilns may take 15 min and others may take 10. Make sure to check the process periodically until desired look. If your pieces look complete before the timer is complete, just turn the dial back to zero and let cool.
7. After time is up and hearts are fused to your liking, let the kiln cool down for two hours on its own. After two hours you can place a wedge in between the lid and the bas of the kiln and let it continue to cool for another 30 minutes.
8. Once glass is cool to the touch, remove from kiln and clean with soap and water.
9. Place hearts into a Shadow Box Frame and glue down with E6000. Wait 15-20 mins for glue to dry. You can choose a frame of any size and add as many hearts as you like.
10. When glue is dry, close frame and hang your masterpiece on the wall.