RECEIVE 10% OFF SITE WIDE *EXCLUDING THE PRECISION 2000 Code: BLKFRIDAY10
Percy Pumpkin Head Light A KraftyBlok project.
DESIGNED BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 3
TIME TO COMPLETE: 2 hours – not including drying time
→PROJECT TIP: Read all of the KraftyBlok Image Art instructions before starting your project. Large profile decals are fragile, handle with care. This project requires the use of a laser printer, not an inkjet.
KraftyBlok Large Stand
KraftyBlok Image Art Paper
Jennifer’s Mosaics Classico Glass Mosaic Tile
Black Enamel Craft paint
Plaid’s Ultimate Black Glitter Paint
20” each ¾”, 1 1/4”, and 2 1/4” Coordinating Ribbon
Scrapbook or Other embellishments (Optional)
Hot Glue Gun and Glue (Ribbons)
Night Light on a Cord
Bowl for water
Percy Pumpkin Head Image
1. Clean your KraftyBlok inside and out and dry completely.
2. Place the KraftyBlok flat on a work surface with the opening at the bottom. Measure, center and mark a 5.5” X 5.5” square on both faces of the KraftyBlok.
3. Place the Percy Pumpkin Head images into any software on your computer that allows you to print images.
4. Set up your printer as instructed on the KraftyBlok Image Art packaging.
5. Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow paper to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry. Trim to size with scissors.
6. Place transfer in a bowl of water and wait approximately 1 minute.
7. Lightly moisten the area marked off on the face of the block. Center the transfer inside the designated area. Roll a ½” of the backing paper away from the top of the Image Art transfer (the decal). Take extra care when sliding the image as they are delicate and can tear easily. Gently slide the Image Art transfer from the backing paper onto the surface using your fingers to smooth the decal as you peel away from the backing paper.
8. Gently pat and smooth the Image Art transfer with a moist paper towel eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry 10 minutes.
9. Carefully turn the KraftyBlok over onto a soft towel so the opening is facing down, apply the second image to the back. NOTE: If you do not allow enough time for the first transfer to dry, it will get marred when you flip it over.
10. Allow both transfers to dry overnight.
11. To permanently set the transfer, preheat a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the KraftyBlok with the opening facing down on a baking rack. Do not allow either side of the block containing the Image Art transfer to lie against the baking rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door slightly, and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
12. When oven and block are completely cool, remove from oven and hand wash using a mild soap and water. Dry with a lint-free cloth.
13. Lie block flat on a covered workspace. Tape off edges around the pumpkin and the sides of the block using painter’s tape. Paint inside the taped area with black enamel paint to create a frame. Allow to dry completely.
14. Once dry, apply black glitter paint over the black enamel paint on the front of the block. Allow to dry according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
15. Once dry, score around the painted edges of the tape with a craft knife and a ruler. This creates a clean sharp edge when you remove the tape. Slowly remove the tape. Repeat step 13 on the opposite side.
16. Next, place orange and black 3/8” Classico tiles around the pumpkin transfer on the front face of the block, alternating colors. Once in place, lift tiles and glue into place.
17. Finish project by measuring and cutting a 20” length of ¾”, 1 ¼” and 2 ¼” ribbon. Place the 2 ¼” ribbon flat on your work surface, center and layer – the ¾” and 1 ¼” ribbon on top over the 2 1/4” ribbon. Apply a dot of hot glue on each layer to hold into place. Fold over one edge of the ribbon ½” and glue to one side of the opening. Wrap the ribbon around the block and finish by folding the remaining end under ½” and glue next to the remaining side of the opening.
18. Glue other embellishments, such as a scrapbook die cut of a little bitty spider on Percy Pumpkin Head’s chin.
19. Insert a light into the project and place the embellished KraftyBlok into a stand. Percy is ready to light up the festivities with a beautiful glow!