Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE Bits and Pieces – Warm
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE 1” Chips - Cool
• 1 Fuseworks Bookmark
• Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks Hot Mitts
• Fireworks Safety Glasses (Optional)
• Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper (Optional)
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile, white glue
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Select a small yellow and several small orange pieces (about ¼” - ½”) from the Bits and Pieces. If needed, wearing safety glasses, use a wheeled glass or tile nipper to shape glass.
2. Place a dab of glue on the back of the yellow piece and affix to the center of the blue piece. Repeat with orange pieces around the yellow center to form a flower. Allow to dry overnight before fusing.
3. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place the glass piece on the kiln paper.
4. Fuse for 2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
5. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of the piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, affix glass piece to the bookmark with E6000and allow drying.