Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE Variety Stringers
• 1 pack - Fuseworks 90 COE 1” Chips – Basics
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE ½” Chips – Clear Dichroic
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE ½” Chips - Cool
• 1 Pinback
• Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks Hot Mitts
• Fireworks Safety Glasses
• Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile, white glue
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Wearing safety glasses, nip 2 bright blue, 1 bright green and 1 clear dichroic ½” chips into quarters.
2. Place a 2”x 2” piece of kiln paper onto the kiln base. Place 5 blue, 1 green and 1 clear dichroic onto the kiln paper about ¼” apart.
3. Fuse for 2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, the glass should be formed into little balls and glowing brightly. If they are not, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
4. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place a clear 1” chip on the kiln paper. Place the dichroic piece in the center and arrange the blue pieces around the center to form the shape of a flower. Break off two ½” pieces from a green stringer and place them together at the middle of the flower to the bottom corner of the glass to create a stem. Next place the green dot next to the bottom of the stem.
5. Fuse for 2 minutes at 100% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
6. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of the piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, affix a pinback to the back of the glass piece with E6000and allow drying.