Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE 1” Fusible Chips – Variety
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE 1/2” Fusible Dichroic Chips – Black
• 1 pack- Fuseworks Kiln Paper
• 1 pack- Fuseworks Round Bottlestopper
• Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks Hot Mitts
• Fireworks Safety Glasses
• Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nipper or Tile Nipper
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Wearing safety glasses, nip 1- 1” opaque yellow square into thirds, nip each third into quarters to create small rectangles. Next, nip 2- ½” Dichroic squares into small random shapes.
2. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Place yellow rectangles and dichroic pieces onto the kiln paper, leaving a 1/16” – 1/8” space between pieces.
3. Fuse for 1 minute at 70% power followed by 1 minute at 80% power and 1 minute at 90% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
4. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of each piece. Place a piece of 2” x 2” kiln paper on the kiln base. Place a 1” green square in the center of the kiln paper. Place dichroic pieces in the center and arrange the yellow rectangles around the center like petals of a flower. Repeat Step 3.
5. When cool, following manufacturer’s instructions, affix glass to the bottlestopper with E6000and allow drying.