- glass blocks
- kraftyblok project guides
- autumnal dreams
Autumnal Dreams A Kraftyblok Project
DESIGNED BY: Jeanne Baruth
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 4
TIME TO COMPLETE: 2 hours- Does not include drying time.
KraftyBlok Large Stand
AdirondackAlcohol Inks – Farmer’s Market Collection (www.rangerink.com)
1” Foam Brush
Versamark Ink Pad
Stampin’Up! Tree Stamp (www.elizabethloves2stamp.stampinup.net)
Stampin’Up! Embossing Powder – Black and Gold
Night-light on a cord (www.Sunshinecrafts.com)
5-watt Silicone Candle Bulb (www.Sunshinecrafts.com)
20” Beaded Fringe in a coordinating color (fabric store trim department)
Hot Glue & Gun
1. Protect your work area with several layers of newspaper.
2. Clean your block with glass cleaner and a paper towel.
3. Place the KraftyBlok face down on a flat work surface with the opening facing towards you.
4. Remove the cap from your first bottle of alcohol ink. Squirt a bit of ink onto the KraftyBlok surface. To avoid spills, place a paper towel over the tip of the ink bottle, then invert. Squirt a small puddle of ink. Repeat this process with, as many colors you choose to use.
5. Tilt the KraftyBlok from side to side, back and forth distributing the ink across the surface of the glass, move quickly.
6. Apply several drops of alcohol ink to the tip of a 1” foam brush. Using long quick strokes, apply ink to the sides, top, and bottom of the block. Allow ink to dry completely. 7. Stand the block up with the opening facing down on the newspaper. Apply alcohol inks to the sides of the block in alternating colors. Allow the inks to run down the sides. Continue to create runs until you are satisfied with the look. Touch up with the foam brush on edges if necessary. Allow ink to dry.
8. When dry, place the KraftyBlok on the work surface with the opening facing up.
9. Using a VersaMark inkpad and ink a "tree" stamp of your choice. Carefully stamp the glass several times creating multiple images as shown in the photograph. Feel free to overlap stamped images.
10. Sprinkle embossing powder over the tree images, making sure all trees have powder sticking to them. Tap off the excess powder.
11. Using the embossing gun, melt down the powder until it is smooth. Be careful not to overheat, which will cause the embossing powder to bubble.
12. Allow KraftyBlok to cool.
13. Remove the KraftyBlok stopper and place the KraftyBlok in the stand with the opening at the bottom. Insert a 5-watt silicone candle bulb on a nightlight cord into the opening. The silver prongs on the light cord will snap into the opening at the bottom of the stand and hold the light upright.
14. Add trim to the base of the stand by placing a dot of hot glue on one leg of the stand beneath the KraftyBlok. Stretching the trim across the stand front and glue to secure in place. Continue this process until the trim is wrapped completely around the bottom of the stand. Add an additional dot of hot glue if necessary to keep the fringe in place and from drooping. Plug your lamp in and enjoy the soft warm glow.