Night before Christmas Victorian Scene
DESIGNED BY: Diana Duvall
SKILL LEVEL: (Adult 1-5: 1 being the easiest, 5 being most difficult) 1
TIME TO COMPLETE: 1 hour
1 - 6” x 6” KraftyBlok # GBLOCKS112 (UPC - 79436670112-0) Diamond Tech
1- KraftyBlok Mini Stand #679787 (UPC - 79436679787-1)Diamond Tech
1 - Small Needle Pine Tree #44083 (UPC-2816244083) Lemax
2 - Christmas Harmony Figurines-Carolers # 72403 (UPC2816272403) Lemax
2lb. Bag Decorative Sand White #73050 (UPC - 9343273050) Panacea Products
1 Spool Wired Edge Ribbon Plaid #118995 (UPC-0010063911) Michaels Stores, Inc.
Aleen’s All Purpose Tacky Glue
4-6” Tweezers Photo of Night Before Christmas by Thomas Kinkade (or personalize with any Christmas card image)
Glass Cleaner and paper towel
1. Remove the labels from the KraftyBlok. Clean all surfaces with Glass Cleaner and dry with a paper towel.
2. Remove the plastic stopper, measure 3/4 cup of white sand and pour into the KraftyBlok cavity.
3. Using tweezers, carefully lower the pine tree into the KraftyBlok and position it to the left side of the block. It may be easier to put it through the opening point first and then turn it upright. Try to cover the base with sand to stabilize it.
4. Next, insert the male Victorian Caroler centering him inside the KraftyBlok. Place the female Victorian Caroler to the right of the male Caroler so she is positioned across from the pine tree. Adjust the objects for balance. Cover each figurine’s base with sand to secure in place.
5. Use a scissors and cut out the image below (or supply your own). If choosing to use your own image, cut to a 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” size. Place the image on the backside of the KraftyBlok so that it appears to be behind the Carolers. If using the Kinkade image, try to place the figurines so they are on either side of the lamp post.
6. When satisfied with placement, add a small dot of glue to the front four corners of the image. Press image up against the back of the KraftyBlok so the scene is visible through the front. Hold in place until the glue is set.
7. Replace stopper and wrap a wired ribbon around perimeter of the KraftyBlok. Bring the ends of the ribbon up and tie them into a bow.
8. Slide the finished KraftyBlok into the stand and you are finished with this adorable snowy holiday vignette.