- mosaic project guides
- cobblestones tiles brights mosaic coasters free project guide
Materials and Tools
4 - 4” MDF Square Coaster Bases
Jennifer’s Mosaics White Grout
Cobblestones Tiles - Brights
Mosaic Adhesive – Weldbondor E6000
Pencil and paper
Disposable cup or bowl
Paper towel or sponge
1. Cover your work area with newspaper or kraft paper. Place the coaster bases on a piece of scrap paper. Trace around it to create a template.
2. Using the image as a guide, layout the tiles, leave 1/8” space from the edge and between each tile.
3. When you are satisfied with your designs, spread adhesive over one coaster.
4. Next, place each piece onto the base. Place tiles, starting with two adjacent sides, this way you can ensure the tiles fit nicely width and height wise. Be sure to leave 1/8” space from the edge and between tiles. Continue filling the coaster until it is complete and repeat with additional coasters.
5. Allow glue to dry according to manufacturer’s instructions before moving on to the next step.
6. Mix about 2 tablespoons of water with 1/2 cup grout in a disposable cup or bowl and mix thoroughly to achieve the consistency of peanut butter. If needed, add more water a teaspoon at a time.
7. Wearing a glove, spread the grout over the tile, filling in all of the crevices.
8. Wait 5-10 minutes and wipe away the haze with a damp paper towel.
9. Allow grout to dry overnight, buff tile with a soft cloth.