Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
Created by Nelly Arteaga for Diamond Tech Crafts
- ALPHA-48CT Mosaic Mercantile Alphabet Tiles.
- WORD-30CT Mosaic Mercantile Word Tiles.
- MS34548 Cobblestones Lights Mix 3 Lb Bulk (primarily the Lt. Pink color and Glitter Pink).
- CC-CY-SGR-1 Crafter’s Cut Crystal Angles Seagreen Mix (primarily the Lt. Green color).
- CC-CY-ZAN-1 Crafter’s Cut Crystal Angles Zanzibar Mix (primarily the Dk. Pink color).
- Wheeled Tile Nippers.
- ADH-4 Mosaic Mercantile Adhesive 4oz.
- SGRTCHR16 Mosaic Mercantile Charcoal sanded grout.
- 8.5” Round Trivet or 8.5” Round MDF
- Paper towels
- Latex free gloves
- Dust mask
- Plastic Cup and Plastic spoon
Let’s get started
1. Print cut out pattern template that is at the end of the instructions. Put aside.
2. Cover up your work surface with newspaper for easy clean up.
3. Place cut out pattern on top of trivet or MDF and trace hearts with a pencil onto base.
4. Apply tile on to trivet with dabs of glue. It is best to start with the hearts then the letter and words before you work on the background.
5. You can use wheeled tile nippers to trim tile pieces for a better fit within the pattern or design.
6. Allow 15-20 minutes for the glue to dry and harden.
7. After time is up and hearts are fused to your liking, let the kiln cool down for two hours on its own. After two hours you can place a wedge in between the lid and the bas of the kiln and let it continue to cool for another 30 minutes.
Step 2 –Mix your Grout
Instructions for Sanded Grout Mixing (grout quantity depends on your size mosaiced plaque)
1. Make sure you are wearing protective eye wear, gloves and dust mask.
2.Use a measuring cup to place 1 cup of grout in a small container. Slowly add small amounts of water and mix.
3. If grout appears dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture turns into a peanut butter texture.
4. If you feel you do not have enough grout to cover entire wood plague, add a little bit more sanded grout and water until you have reached your ideal amount.9. With a gloved hand, smooth grout over tile, filling in the crevices. Remove as much excess grout as you can with your hand.
Step 3– Finishing it off
1. After 10 minutes, use a damp sponge or paper towels to remove grout haze. Allow to set overnight.
2. When dry, buff with a smooth cloth.