Please download project guide fot template.
- 63516 8mm Classico Mini Iridescent Tiles 16oz
- CC-SO-WHT-1 Crafter's Cut White 1 Lb Bag
- ROS24 Rose ¾” tile (24 count)
- FROMINI1/6 Mini Frost 3/8” tile 1/6lb
- 491J Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
- Wide head Band
- Velvet Ribbon matching hair color
- Scrap Cardboard
- Foam Unicorn Horn
- Craft White Faux Fur
- 8 ½” x 5 ½” Foam Sheet (pink & white)
- Bendable Wire
- Protective eye wear
- Wire cutter
1. Cover the work area with newspaper or craft paper.
2. Plug in hot glue gun. Set it aside somewhere safe to let it heat up.
3. Select tile you would like to use. For this project we used white, pink, purple and light blue colors.
4. Print out template of unicorn ears on cardstock paper, and cut out.
5. Trace large unicorn piece onto the faux fur, cardboard, and white foam sheet. Make sure to trace out 2 of each. Then cut out.
5. Trace the inner ear template onto the pink foam sheet and cut out. Cut out two of each.
6. Assemble all pieces with a 10” piece of bendable wire and glue together per instructions on template. (fig1) Make sure to sandwich around 1 1/2” of bendable wire between the cardboard and white foam sheet.
7. When finished, it is time to mosaic. You can get as creative as you like. We used white tiles for the edges and large earpiece. Then we used pink tile for the inner earpiece.
8. Use our wheeled glass nipper to shape tile for a better fit. Make sure to glue tile close together(fig2). The project does not require grout. Hot Tip! Wear protective eye wear and gloves to protect yourself from flying tile nips, sharp edges, and the hot glue gun.
9. After you are finished mosaicking both ears, set aside to let dry.
10. Time to mosaic the foam Unicorn horn. Select your choice of tile. We selected white, pink, blue, and purple colors.
11. Play around with designs and patterns. Once you have a design you like use glue gun to glue down tile(fig3). We suggest a glue gun due to the quick dry. When working with non-flat surfaces a glue gun is very helpful.
12. When finished, it is time to insert a piece wire into the bottom. Cut at least 10” of bendable wire and insert at least 1.5” into the bottom of the foam unicorn horn. Add a dab of glue for extra security (fig4).
13. Time to wrap all parts around head band. Bend wire and start wrapping wire around head band. Use pliers or your fingers for more control. Use wire cutters to remove excess wire. Don’t worry if it doesn’t feel secure just yet. Add dabs of glue around to hold in place (fig5). We will cover all the flaws at the end.
14. Once unicorn ears and horn are wrapped and glued to headband it is time to hide the flaws and mistakes (because no one is perfect). Grab matching colored ribbon and cut around 14 inches from spool. Begin wrapping ribbon around head band covering wire and glue. Mak sure wire is covered on the inside of head band as well.
15. Now you have a one of a kind magical Unicorn head band. Accessorize with a fun wig, and costume. You will be the life of the magical party.
Have a Magical Day!
Show us your work, we would love to see it. Tag us on social media! We might even share your work of art on our website and social media.
Facebook & Instagram: @DiamondTechCrafts
DIAMOND TECH|Tampa, FL 33647|ww.DiamondTechCrafts.com