Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
Red, White & Blue
Grill Untensil Caddy
Created by Nelly Arteaga for Diamond Tech Crafts
- AST1 1lb Assorted Color 3/4”
- ASTMINI1 1lb Assorted Mini 3/8”
- METMINI1 1lb Metallic Mini 3/8”
- ADH-2 2oz Adhesive
- SPRD Applicator Set
- SEA-8 8oz Grout Sealer
- 581 2lbs Black Grout
- 10” Tall Mason Jar or Container
- Paper towels
- Latex free gloves
- Dust mask
- Plastic Cup and Plastic spoon
Let’s get started
1. Cover up your work surface with newspaper for easy clean up.
2. Decide on colors and pattern for the mason jar. For this project we decided to use red, white and blue for an Independence Day project.
4. When you are happy with your design apply a dab of mosaic adhesive behind each tile.
5. You can use wheeled tile nippers to trim tile pieces for a better fit within the pattern or design.
6. Allow 15-20 minutes for the glue to dry and harden.
Step 2 –Mix your Grout
Instructions for Sanded Grout Mixing (grout quantity depends on your size mosaiced project)
1. Make sure you are wearing protective eye wear, gloves and dust mask.
2.Use a measuring cup to place 1 cup of grout in a small container. Slowly add small amounts of water and mix.
3. If grout appears dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture turns into a peanut butter texture.
4. If you feel you do not have enough grout to cover entire wood plague, add a little bit more sanded grout and water until you have reached your ideal amount.
5. Use our applicator to apply grout and spread cement or use a gloved hand, smooth grout over tile, filling in the crevices. Remove as much excess grout as you can with your hand or spatula.
Step 3– Finishing it off
1. After 10 minutes, use a damp sponge or paper towels to remove grout haze. Allow to set overnight.
4. Apply a thin layer of grout sealer to protect your masterpiece from the elements.
Great décor for Independence Day! Customize to any country you come from or simply make into any design you like.
Show us your work, we would love to see it. Tag us on social media! We might even share your work of art on our website and social media.
Facebook & Instagram: @DiamondTechCrafts
DIAMOND TECH|Tampa, FL 33647|ww.DiamondTechCrafts.com