• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE 2”x3” Sheets - Clear
• 1 pack- Fuseworks 90 COE Bits and Pieces - Dichroic
• 1 pack- Fuseworks Small Gold Bails
• Choice of necklace
• Fuseworks Microwave Kiln
• Fuseworks Hot Mitts
• Jennifer’s Mosaics Scorer/Breaker Tool
• Heat resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile
All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use. This project was made using a 1000 Watt microwave; please adjust the firing time accordingly.
1. Wearing safety glasses, use the scorer/breaker tool score and separate a 1” x 1 ½ ” piece from a clear sheet. Select 3 colors from the dichroic bits and pieces, score and separate a 3/8” x 3/4” piece from each color.
2. Place a 2” x 2” piece of kiln paper on the kiln base. Arrange the dichroic glass to form a 3/4” x 1 1 1/8” rectangle on the kiln paper. Layer the 1” x 1 ½” clear piece on top of the dichroic pieces. Make sure the clear overlaps the edges on each side of the dichroic.
3. Fuse for 1 minute at 70% power followed by 1 minute at 80% power and 1 minute at 90% power. Wearing hot mitts, check the glass for slightly rounded edges. The kiln should be glowing and the edges of the glass are rounded. If they are not rounded, continue to fuse in 15 or 30 second increments at 100% power until you reach the desired shape. Allow kiln to cool on a heat resistant surface, at least 30 minutes before using it again.
4. When cool, clean the kiln paper from the back of the piece. Following manufacturer’s instructions, affix a bail with E6000and allow drying. String onto choice of necklace.