Flash Sale - 20% Off Sitewide - retail only Code: ARTCART
Dainty Flower Coasters
BY: Lauren DiSanza
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
TIME TO COMPLETE: 2 hours (does not include drying time)
→PROJECT TIP • Never dispose grout down any drain. Instead use a paper towel to wipe out mixing bowl, throwing excess grout in a trash receptacle.
• 2 – Diamond Tech Square Metal Coasters
• 1 package Mosaic Dots
• 1 - 2 LB Container Jennifer’s Mosaics White Grout
• Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nippers
• Diamond Tech Mosaic Elements Kit or sponge, mixing cup, mixing spoon, measuring cup and safety glasses
• Latex or nitrile glove
• Paper towels
• Newspaper or Kraft paper
• Disposable cup
• Water Bring a touch of the garden indoors with this sweet mosaic coaster set.
1. Cover the work area with newspaper or kraft paper.
2. Following the pattern, use whole yellow and orange dots for the centers of the flower and wearing safety glasses, nip dots in half and arrange 9 or 10 petals (placing dots on the nipped side) around each center. Create 3 or 4 flowers per coaster.
3. Glue down flowers and add stems using the nipped green dots. To do so, nip the green dots in half and glue from the flower to the edge of the coaster.
4. To create the background nip blue dots in half and position in lines to fill the background. To fill in tight spaces, nip the dots into quarters.
5. Allow mosaic to dry overnight.
6. Mix 1/4 cup of white grout with enough water (1 ½ tablespoons) to achieve the consistency of peanut butter.
7. With a gloved hand, smooth grout over tile, filling in the crevices. Remove as much excess grout as you can with your hand.
8. After 10 minutes, use a damp sponge or paper towels to remove grout haze. Allow to set overnight.
9. When dry, buff with a smooth cloth.